|Are you looking for funding for your startup?|
The 2020 MEST Africa Challenge, MEST’s tech startup competition is offering a chance to win $50,000 in equity investment to talented entrepreneurs as they build and scale successful businesses that add value to African economies.
Expanding from last year’s reach, the 2020 pitch competition is targeting startups in Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sénégal, South Africa, and Tanzania. Funding opportunities are even that much more important during COVID-19, so the competition will be held entirely online to allow for all interested startups to participate safely.
Interested startups can find more information about the application criteria and submit an application on the VC4A platform.
|MEST has been strengthening the ecosystem for tech startup success since 2008.|
“There is more talent in Africa than there are opportunities,” says Ashwin Ravichandran, MEST Africa’s Managing Director. “This is what we’ve learned after twelve years of training, funding, and supporting tech founders and startups. In order to bring more investment to African economies and strengthen the tech ecosystem (as a whole) for startups to thrive, we’ve expanded the MEST Africa Challenge to four new markets this year.”
| The #MESTAfricaChallenge is a search for Africa’s emerging tech entrepreneurs with the aim of providing them with investment capital, coaching, and access to a continent-wide network of startup hubs. |
- Pre-seed or seed-stage (have raised $100k total or less cumulatively since inception)
- Currently generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction in one or more of the nine MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Côte d’Ivoire, Sénégal, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda)
- Has been in operations for 2 years or less
- Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G, etc…)
- *All applications and pitches must be in English* Click here to Apply